View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Sodevastated

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Sodevastated......how are you feeling, today? Have you reached out to anyone, yet?

Very concerned,
dandylion
Hi Dandylion,

I really appreciate that you care about me and reading your post made me realize that I need more help than I thought I did. I'm going to see my pediatrician tomorrow and tell him how I feel and see what he can do for me. I will also call and make an appointment with my therapist. I talk to my MIL almost every day and she has been a great support and understanding. Unfortunately, I feel that my friends have not been too supportive and that they don't understand me. Some of them don't know how to handle me and my grief, others have just detached. This situation has shown me who my true friends are. My grief and depression has made me not so sociable and I have had a really hard time seeing people.I' ve just shut down due to my loss and pain. I just feel like staying at home. I haven't met several of my friends since the day my AH did, which was 6 months ago but we text now and then cuz I haven't even felt like calling people. However, I have met friends now and then who have been supportive to me throughout this journey. I have one or two friends whom I really can share my feelings with. There are also support groups but I don't know if I'm there yet to join those, and majorly they are for people who've lost someone due to other causes than addiction and I'm not sure it's the right place for me. Also, having the baby to take care of now makes it a bit harder to go places. I have been talking to a priest from my church and that has helped but maybe there is more help they can offer.

Thank you for caring. It means the world to me

Hugs