Old 12-21-2016, 10:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Delilah1

Hi Suzie,

Sorry you are struggling tonight, but I am really glad you came and posted. The first few days/weeks can be tough, but once you get through them things get better as each day passes.

SR is my biggest recovery support, the monthly classes and 24 hour thread are great places to form relationships, and also stay accountable to yourself.

As a working mom of three kids who are all involved in extra curricular activities, I know it can seem as though we don't have time to ourselves. You need to be a little selfish for a bit. Plan something for the hours you normally would have been drinking: go for a walk, take a bubbbke bath, read a book (there are some great recovery books out there). I have been reminded of the airplane message several times, we need to put on our oxygen mask first before helping our kids. Mindfulness is something I have been working on, and will continue to as we head into 2017.

Life is always going to throw us curve balls every now and then, and sometimes it seems as though they keep coming in a short period of time. I promise you sobriety is worth it, and all issues are easier to deal with when sober.

I joined SR in 2012, and spent from 2012-2015 alternating between periods of sobriety, and failed attempts at moderation. Last NYE I decided I was done, I couldn't continue like this any longer. On January 1st I will hit the one year mark, which is the longest I have been sober since the age of 15.

Spend time reading and posting, decide what will work for you to remain sober, we each have our own path, but we all need some supports along the way.

Looking forward to seeing you on here and following your journey. You can do this!!!
❤️Delilah