Thread: 1.5 years later
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hopepraylove

1.5 years later

I wanted to share a brief update with you all on where I'm at in my "recovery."

I left a very toxic relationship with a heroin addict over a year and a half ago. I found Al Anon and this forum to be a solace and outlet. I was deeply moved and motivated to make my life better. I struggled with codependency, insecurity and horrible insomnia. I was depressed, anxious and ready to change my life--so I did.

A year and a half later, I'm the happiest I've ever been. I am living with my boyfriend (J) in a beautiful apartment. I received a large raise at work for bustin' my butt this year (no more sleepless nights or distractions to prevent me from doing it!) I've lost the extra weight I put on from stress. I'm back to doing yoga and walking every week. My friendships and relationships with my family are dramatically better. Life is really, really good.

What I wanted to share mostly is that I'm going back to school to get my Masters in Social Work (or Psych). Today I signed up for classes at a local community college to get some pre-reqs out of the way. But, I'm beyond excited (and a little nervous) for this career change. I've been working in Marketing for the last 5 years, but I truly feel this is my calling.

If the experience taught me anything, it's to trust my gut. So, that's what I'm doing, I'm taking a leap of faith and listening to my gut!

Hope everyone is well. This forum helped me so much while I was struggling with my ex. Although I don't post often, I do check in and read up on how everyone is doing.

Lots of love,
L