Old 12-21-2016, 12:53 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
venuscat

A friend (neighbour who used to drive me crazy and I now love...hmmm, how I've grown) told me earlier today that when he came home from overseas a few months ago he was very depressed and sick as well, and it lasted a few weeks.

It is all a learning curve. For years, I did nothing except drink and choof and try to survive. In the past months, well, I did a fair bit more. But I still don't know stuff...all of the how-to things that people learn from experience.

And me being me, I like to pack in as much new stuff as fast as possible. Sure, but then you need to stop for a moment and recombobulate....and of course life always has other ideas, and throws more stuff at you.

But I'm sober, I can do things I never knew how to before. I can learn just like I did when I was a child finding her way.

I am now a grown-up finding her way. It is a bit more frightening in many ways than it was all of those years ago. A voice inside of me keeps telling me how pathetic I am, but I think she is wrong. I think I'm brave.

I think this is me saying yes to the rest of my life.