View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 11:38 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
notbrowneyed

Thank you to each and everyone of you, your reponses made me feel stronger on what I have to do. The hard part is that we're not seeing each other in person until next month (as I told you,we live in different cities) and I don't even know how to handle this - we both been so excited about the meeting, and that is what he's talking about all the time. Should I say something over the phone, or should I wait until we meet, but how to act in that time in between? I know what I have to do, but that doesn't make it easy or doesn't make me heartless, I've been a snotty mess this week. And he's been updating me on how his treatments are going, etc. and I feel like ****, I want to be there for him and support him, but I know at the same time it can be counter-helpful and enabling..
Sorry for complaining, I know many of you are going through tough times and my problems might seem little (we haven't been together for that long, he haven't done anything terrible, etc) but I'm just an emotional mess and, obviously, I can't talk about it with my friends (his drinking/sobriety is his thing, I'm not telling anyone, I know most of his friends know but it's still not my place to discuss it with anyone except him or his doctors) so my mind is spinning like crazy