View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 10:25 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by ByHisLove View Post
I shared AVRT with him and surprisingly he says it's actually being helpful for him. He finally made it past the dreaded 3 day mark (his normal cycle is to drink every third day). I really like AVRT and as a Christian I think it fits in with my views quite easily.

He's also using a friend of his from church for daily accountability which is something he did on a 6 month streak a while back and it really helped. He is commiting to stay sober at least and to accept some kind of help, unlike before where he was just trying to act like it wasn't that big of a deal because he wanted to Keep drinking.

I still plan on going to Al-Anon and I'm working on it in counseling each week. I'm thankful that he's at least talking openly with me about it now and I'm hopeful for his recovery.
Those are some positive signs ByHisLove, both his 3 days of sobriety and his open conversation on the subject. Sounds like you are doing a lot of good things to help yourself as well - he's a lucky guy to have someone as supportive as you around to help.