View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
August252015

I am big on my recovery routine.

Every morning, I have six things (up from five) that I write down and cross off in my day planner: daily devotional from Keep It Simple: Daily Meditations for 12 Step Beginnings and Renewals (a Hazelden pub); the daily meditation from Friar Richard Rohr of the CAC (email subscription); I read pp 85-88 and 417/418 of the BB; HALT; SR. In the past few months, my boyfriend (also in recovery) and I have done shared reading plans on a Bible app; we often comment on the devo of the day, make pic images (we share icloud photo albums with different subject headings- one is "Recovery" and one is "In God We Trust").

I do 4-6 meetings in a typical week- at 10 mo this is my sweet spot. I have a home group MWF that I make at least once bc work often means I cannot do all; I have other meetings I do on other days, including a 730 once, maybe twice, a Sat morning and a Sun morning.

I usually have some kind of recovery book on deck and in progress- right now I am reading Walk the Talk with Step 12 by Gary K.

My sponsor and I usually communicate by text during the day and sometimes talk. She's in my home group so I see her at least once a week and most weeks we try to do breakfast or lunch. I am actively on steps 6-7 though since her focus is on "how to live our best lives sober, and applying the 12 steps)," we pretty much incorporate all into our "work" together. My foundation was laid with my first sponsor about BB study and progress.

I pray a lot and since I read the BB randomly as well as the same parts every day, my knowledge keeps growing and my familiarity is decent.

I put a lot of work in because this is the most important thing in my life - this is my normal!