View Single Post
Old 12-18-2016, 05:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Jmv2003

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
If I had to guess, he wants out but wants you to take all the responsibility for it. It's probably an attempt at "plausible deniability"--trying to make it look like YOUR choice, not his.
I literally just said this to my friend! If I file, I look like the bad guy! But what if I don't? Will he??

I'm not suggesting this is all that calculated on his part--he's probably just trying to find a way to rationalize this to himself and to his friends/family.

If you know he's talked to a lawyer, why are you telling him you haven't got one? Moreover, why are you telling him he doesn't "have to worry about" it? I'd suggest you GET one, tout de suite. You need to know where you stand, and how to protect yourself financially and legally.
I think you read that wrong. He does not have a lawyer. He doesnt follow through with anything. I have seen 2 lawyers. I told him not to worry right now(for the holidays). I want the kids to have somewhat of a nice Christmas . The bad thing is, is that I cannot afford these lawyers so I have to figure something else out.