Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
trying12345

Thanks for all the advice. What I'm trying to wrap my mind around is a life without alcohol. It seems like it is a part of everything. As teenagers, we all wanted to sneak out and have a beer, then college at the bars, now adult cocktail parties, etc. I know after the kids go to bed on Christmas Eve, everyone else will be having wine and cocktails, etc. I guess I feel in a way that life with alcohol (which SOOOO much easier) will also be boring. I hope I get over that feeling. It is horrible for me (I just go home and have a bottle of wine, never socialize), now I feel like how can I socialize, everything is surrounded by alcohol. I try to find excursions to "get out there", but it seems so hard. I look up cooking classes, and they say "bring your own wine!" I just don't know how to "get out there" sober. Perhaps I'm too early in the game to even be thinking about getting out there. I now know why AA says to stay single for a year. How can you think about dating when you don't yet know who you are as a sober person. So many new thoughts to figure out!