View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Biglebowski27

Sensitive to alcohol now, kindling?

Hi all just looking for any insight on kindling and binge drinking. From what I've read kindling is the phenomenon that occurs after repeated withdrawals from sedatives/alcohol that causes increasingly severe symptoms. Seems to be from progressively worse glutamate rebound after drug working on GABA wears off.

I've been a regular binge drinker for nearly a decade and was addicted to klonopin for 2 years awhile back. Always reacted well to drinking even in large amounts(didn't drive,didn't blackout or get out of control). That said I would always drink too much usually binge for several hours and have a least 12 drinks. About 5 years in I did start to notice hangovers turning into more mental/withdrawal symptoms anxiety, shakiness, insomnia, night sweats.

Long story short I've realized my nervous system can't take anymore of those large amounts. However even after taking 2 months off this fall I've noticed that even after even small amounts (2 to 3 beers) I still get severe anxiety, confusion hot flashes and night sweats the night after moderate drinking.

I'm more than ready to cut ties with getting drunk but it would be nice to have a few beers now and then but it feels like I'm having a withdrawal after I do.

Just looking for any advice/feedback thanks.