View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 04:03 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Sodevastated

I would not make it without you

First and foremost I would like to thank you all, can't be said enough. I don't know how I would have managed without this board, without you all. Joining SR has helped me to keep on going day by day. I've learnt tremendously a lot about addiction and how it works, which I didn't know earlier. Reading threads written by all of you with more experience than me has helped me a lot. They have been an eye opener to the world of addiction and it has helped me realize I'm not alone. Thank you for your openness in sharing your stories. I've learnt what it means being an addict, what addicts do and why they do it. In some way it has been relieving to get a hunch of what might have been going on in my AH'S head, trying to stop blaming myself, realizing that I most likely couldn't have done anything to change the outcome of what happened. I wish I knew the things I know now when I met my AH. It would have helped me to act differently and not to get* deceived by his addict manners. But it is what it is and I can't turn back time. I just have to find a way to go on from where I'm at and just fight every day until the day the sun shines upon me and I actually will be happy and thankful to be alive with my son being the joy of my life.

💖💖💖💖 to all of you