View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
I am heartbroken and mad because my husband took all the joy and happiness away with him when he died, AND because he died the way he did and abandoned me and the child. How am I going to make it through this? Where to find the strength to live and to take care of another human being? How to go on living?
Well, your baby is a gift, perhaps your husband's final gift to you. And I'm not going to presume that once your baby is born, all will be OK because that's not how it works.

You're going to mourn. You're going to grieve. You're going to cry, and be angry, and want to throw stuff, and feel everything in between. But all the while, you're going to have a miracle in front of you: your baby. And you get to shape your baby's life for the better. It is, at once, a tremendous responsibility and a unbelievable gift.

So keep doing what you're doing. Post. Reach out. Allow yourself to feel whatever it is you're feeling, because it's all normal.

And know, during this time of year, that each and every one of us here at FFSA has your back.