View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 03:20 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
BringingBackB
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Don't worry SameOld, you give us all strength just by sharing your daily update

I too find the christmas period insanely stressful. Looking back, I've almost always ended up on a bender during December for the past 5 or 6 years, so its clearly a trigger for me that I've not addressed. I just find all the extra responsibility and lack of time to myself hard to deal with. My family all know about my booze issue, and wont drink on christmas day. I actually find this makes me feel worse as I just feel that i'm ruining it for them, and that i'm the centre of attention. It makes the whole day a huge issue for me. I'd rather they just continue as normal, let me turn up for a few hours and then get some time to myself. I know that probably sounds very selfish and they are just trying to help though.

Anyway - i'm on to day 9 now. I'm meeting my Dad for some food in the city this afternoon. Other than that more reading (both here and a good book) and looking after myself. I have an insatiable appetite at the moment. I could do with putting half a stone on though so this is my chance!

Stay safe all