Thread: this week
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 09:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sephra

this week

Well, stepson is dodging us.
He is currently staying at his sisters (supposedly) where she is paying him money to babysit. This is in the town where all his "friends" are. So, after relapsing last week, money in his pocket and easy access, and dodging the question from us of when he is coming back.
His court diversion still has his probation guy coming to our house randomly. He hasn't worked for a couple weeks, I believe he lost the job due to going in tweaking and psychotic, 2 weeks ago.
So, here we are in limbo.
His father, I think, is waiting to hear what his son is going to choose to do.
I think it shouldn't really be his choice. With all the havoc he's causing in our lives and our relationship. Why should he have time off to use and do whatever he wants and we wait to see if he's going to come back.
I think it should be if you are committed get back here and face the crap you are causing. Not, why don't you take a vacation and hang out with your drug friends, relapse, lose your job, and end up back at square one, and then after you've been gone for a month, and we have started to rebuild our lives, you can decide to use us again and cause complete upheaval again.
Husband and I did sit down and talk about a plan and (for lack of a better term) rules and conditions for him living with us.
Of course, that was before we realized we were being dodged.
I have a hard time with the disrespect of it all, you can at least answer a text when you are living off someone and causing massive problems in their lives. He went so far as to leave his sisters yesterday before we got to our granddaughters birthday party, and stay gone till after we left. Grow up. This kid has so much power over our lives. Its making me angry.
Counseling appt. this afternoon. Guess we wont be dragging stepson to that one, as he is dodging us. (Dodging occurred after his dad told him he'd be bringing him to 2 meetings a week. Stepson and Dad have also been banking on him getting this "good job" that pays well, they denied him several months ago, due to old drug charges from like 6 years ago (pot, hahaha how simple our problems were then) that have now fallen off his record, the job told him to come back and apply today. a.) I don't think he'll even call without dad standing over him, b.) we are no longer dealing with pot, but crystal meth and heroin, both of which he has been caught by the law with, and both of which he's used recently. ) I don't think they are living in reality.