View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 02:00 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
sameoldsameold

Day 8 for me too.

My flu-bug is lifting and with it my spirits. Not sure how much of it was just bad luck and how much was fall-out from my last session. I do know that history is unequivocal in that fact that when I am drinking regularly, I am ill regularly. I have known many other drinkers who have been equally 'unfortunate' that way!

It is dawning on me that I stand a real chance of having the kind of Christmas I have promised myself 'next year' for the last 23 years. That said, if I think further than today, I feel a tension start to kindle inside me.

I feel very fortunate that I have had no cravings and no appetite for drinking up to now. I know I will at some stage but, instead of scouring the horizon for threats all the time, I am going to try and capitalise on my current mindset. Last week, I was just in the business of not drinking. This week, I have some projects to start around creativity, and fitness / wellness.

Don't get me wrong, I am anxious about the holiday season, but I don't want to just inhabit that anxiety when actually my 'here and now' is quite good.

I am not sure if the above makes any sense to the reader but it was helpful for me to write!

Thanks a lot and best wishes to all.