Thread: Nightmares
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
fairyeyes03

Since I'm so in early in recovery I am remembering my dreams, they are so vivid, so clear, so real.

So anyway, I had a dream a week ago that startled the h*** outta me. I was in an elevator and I would push the button to go up, instead it went down very fast, my feet were no longer on the floor my head was at the top of the elevator. It did this every time I pushed a button, it wouldn't stop, and I couldn't get off the dang thing. I can still feel the butterflies in my stomach

Well, curiosity got the best of me, because that dream somehow still gets to me, so i googled dream meanings. And this is what it said, "Descending in an elevator suggests that you are being grounded or coming back down to reality. It also signifies setbacks and misfortunes.

In general, the up and down action of the elevator represents the ups and downs of your life. It also symbolizes emotions and thoughts that are emerging out of and submerging into your subconscious."

Being sober has brought me back down to reality each and every day. I don't know I just thought it was spot on so early in my recovery. I'm just curious to know if anyone else believes that their dreams have a real meaning to it???