View Single Post
Old 12-10-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Solarion

EndGame and all, thank you for the interesting discussion elicited by that article in the OP. TBH, I found more useful content in your posts than in the article itself, although it was good to be reminded of the vets and heroin, and the rat park experiments.

(In fact I bookmarked this thread the other day so I could come back and read the longer posts at leisure instead of skimming.)

It's certainly something for me to consider: what cage(s) or bleak park or insufficient playground do I imagine myself to be stuck in, and why don't I do something about that (whether that means dismantling the imaginary cage or looking for practical exits or decorating my life a little better somehow)?

I'm glad you mentioned that acceptance is not always the best option.

And for balance, I like what MOS wrote about acceptance coming with maturity in some areas, for instance regarding youthful notions that are just not going to get accomplished given what we know now.

Dissatisfaction leading to efforts toward improvement, taking responsibility for some portion of one's circumstances -- good to remember and practice.

[As for the article itself, it seemed rather "convenient" that the lower half led to the author's own program as an option for healing one's life. Hmm. Adverticle?]