Old 12-09-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
2muchpain

Over the years, and with a lot of therapy, I have managed to get a better understanding of extreme anxiety and panic attacks and have developed skills to deal with them. I do take a non narcotic medication to help with this, but it doesn't alleviate the problem, only helps to deal with it. I also have to put in the work to get through those tough times. A pill isn't gonna solve the problem. There are still times I run home after a day of dealing with high anxiety, so I can relax and unwind, but they are not as often as they used to be but it took me a long time and a lot of work to get there. I still have minor panic attacks at work, shopping, etc., but I get through it. Some days, I go home exhausted from dealing with this. It's very draining. But I know it's worth the fight, just as it's worth the fight to beat addiction. It all comes down to quality of life. My challenges don't define who I am or what I can become or what I can do. I try to get out of my so I can be who I am suppose to be. John