Thread: Nightmares
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
wpainterw

Aellyce: It's quite obvious that you have become emotionally dependent on sea lions, the way alcoholics like the late Caroline Knapp and I became dependent on dogs. Have you ever considered getting your doctor to prescribe for you an Emotional Support Sea Lion that would enable him ( or her!) to sit next to you in a plane when you fly, like dogs can? I know that seals when they come to Chatham on Cape Cod look very much like dogs when they surface, as did our dog when we took her out in a boat and we had to put her on a leash since she wanted to jump overboard to play with them.
A sea lion could be part of your recovery plan. Could be your sponsor or HigherPower if you are in AA. My dog is my Higher Power. You dream about sea lions. Would it help to go to a sea lion psychiatrist? Might it be possible for you to taper off sea lions like one lion at a time, so as to avoid withdrawal. There must be lots of rehabs out in California since they're well known for sea lions, which means many addicts like you.