Thread: New to AVRT
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Algorithm

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
Are you trying to say that if I'm fine with the fact that I have negligible beast activity then it's my AV somehow suggesting something?
There is a rather large difference between "being fine" with negligible Beast or AV activity, and with believing that it is somehow "good" that there is negligible activity.

The AV boasts of its own silence, as in "I can go days without thinking of drinking", along with the implicit hope that such silence increases, as if it might increase the odds of success, or the presence of AV might somehow lead to a change in one's abstinent state. It's a Beastly set-up.

The Beast is essentially saying "I've been quiet lately, and you're very lucky that I've been quiet, because if I weren't quiet, you might be in deep trouble, so be very careful, and always stay on the alert, because if you aren't very careful and alert, I'm going to get you!"

So, yes, the Beast is certainly suggesting something.

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
And would you agree that with recognition and separation the AV lessens?
Yes, usually, but that is only incidental. I'm just pointing out a subtle form of Addictive Voice. That said, while it is wise and prudent to expect AV activity down the line, even years later, this is not the same as being ever vigilant, "relapse prevention" style.

A Big Plan is a solemn vow, much like a traditional "no divorce" marriage, and the Beast is a survival drive, not unlike one's sex drive. Neither drive is simply going to go away. I don't think people who are married stay ever vigilant for the voice that says someone else's husband or wife is attractive, though.

They simply and passively recognize such thoughts as they appear, and then fall back on their marriage vows. AVRT is usually similarly passive, except that we objectify any AV thoughts as "not me."