Thread: New to AVRT
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Algorithm

Originally Posted by flame11 View Post
I am finding it difficult to not react to IT all the time though. Especially when I'm tired and IT'S been in my face alot. I'm sure that I read in the book to say never, but maybe I misunderstood, I'll have to look back. Saying NEVER for me also reiterates my BP...is that wrong of me?
You're not doing anything wrong by falling back on your Big Plan, flame, I was just pointing out that generally, the Beast is going to interpret any dialogue as a potential opportunity for negotiation, and you probably don't want to negotiate with the Beast.

The Beast plays both sides of all arguments, so it doesn't matter what you say, ultimately, because IT will always land on its feet, and suggest more drinks. The AV is both immutable, and indisputable, but your Big Plan is the ultimate refutation, so anything the AV says is automatically dead wrong, even before it says it.

Just stay in the first person, as for example, "IT wants to drink, but I never drink. I can feel IT suffering while IT pines for a drink, but I am not suffering, so that's just too bad for IT."

Originally Posted by flame11 View Post
I want IT to understand NEVER! It also feels empowering to assert this kind of authority over something that if IT had IT'S way would destroy me.
Oh, The Beast certainly understands 'never', but IT interprets never as death, or at least life imprisonment without the possibility of parole. Saying never at the Beast is not necessarily going to silence the AV, but saying never to yourself won't hurt.