Thread: Nightmares
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 12:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
wpainterw

Originally Posted by Maudcat View Post
Cats keep all of your secrets though. It's just their nature.
I dreamt the other night that I was travelling in England. No, no, that wasn't the nightmare. I was travelling by car around England and things were beginning to awry. Goofy.
Yes, driving on the left side of the road. Things go pretty well unless you hit a sheep. But when you meet a "roundabout" and have to go around it clockwise that's quite another matter. Then sometimes folks who hit you might say "Sorry!" and go right on like the Toff who pokes you on the Mall with a tightly rolled up umbrella. If you don't apologize for being poked would he poke you again? Watch out for escalators. Are they called that or something else? What about eating "Scotch Eggs" or "Toad in the Hole" in a Pub, or Haggis or Black Pudding in Scotland? It's all in fun. I really like the Brits and the Scots, and the Welsh and the Irish. I remember traveling in the Lake Country, staying at a hotel where, after dinner a pig farmer from Norfolk and his psychiatrist got drunk and the farmer went up to the balcony and sang to everyone assembled that he was "a Little Prairie Flower"! Rule Britannia! That's what won at Blenheim, Trafalgar, Waterloo! ("My Lord! I do believe I've lost my leg!" "Iron Duke" Wellington's Reply: "Have you! Pity!") Stiff upper lip! Don't "blot your copybook!"

Bill