Thread: Kudos!
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 02:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Seren
Forum Leader

Kudos!

Sometimes, all we read on these boards are the stories of those whose lives have become so painful due to addiction or living with someone else’s addiction. All I am offering here is the simple applause for those who have overcome.

Over the years of belonging here, I have come to appreciate how strong and well-balanced those in recovery can be. What is that saying about “an unexamined life”? The work of recovery can truly produce someone whose life is peaceful and joy-filled!

What I probably appreciate the most are those members who are double and triple-winners, as we say. Those who have lived with parents/spouses/other family members who have struggled with addiction, and who have had their own struggles with alcohol or drug abuse in the past.

I quietly smile to myself sometimes when I realize that many a newcomer arrives here on the F&F side and does not realize that some of the encouragement and support they are receiving is coming from members who have overcome both their own addictions as well as healing from a life affected by someone else’s addiction.

Their example shows that it can be done, and for that I am grateful!