View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 01:41 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
SnoozyQ

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Snoozy, like the others, I am very glad that you checked in and that you are doing ok.
I'm so sorry that you are going through this.

I'm not doing so well, very upset and can't stop crying. I saw the cardiologist today, and he says I do have coronary artery disease. There is plaque formation on my right carotid artery. I said I didn't think I had risk factors, there is no family history of heart disease, and he said but there is of stroke (my dad and uncle) and that it is all the same. He said my cholesterol was raised but he didn't think diet had a big part to play when I asked him about changing my diet. He said, it's just bad genes, bad luck. He's started me on a cholesterol lowering drug and nitroglycerin sub lingual when I get the chest pain and baby aspirin daily.
I'm just so upset. I feel I've been dealt enough blows in the health department, I don't know how to cope with this. I've no-one to share this with, other than you guys, so thanks for listening. I just think of my friend's husband, in Mexico, who has diabetes and he's an alcoholic, in my opinion, overweight, smokes, never exercises, and he's the one pushing my buttons about not drinking, surely drinking would contribute to heart disease. I feel very cheated, to be honest, but I don't feel like drinking. Just depressed and don't feel able to do much to get out of this funk, just want to go back to bed, which is wrong, I know, but I have very little joy in life and now this.
Darling Leshar, your life is not over. I too am living with coronary heart disease. It was discovered when I had all those tests done for my liver years ago.

I was devastated , just like you. I can't reverse it but I can learn to live with it.

My diet isn't the best & I have high cholesterol. I've only just had my other loads of bloods done 3 days ago and I'm too nervous to ring for my results.

But we can't let it define us. After your initial shock wears off , you will go back to living and being the wonderful person you are.

I don't know who said it , possibly Dee , but we are all dying every day. Medical knowledge has come so far.

I worry about having a heart attack , stroke never crossed my mind, yet many of our patients at work are stroke patients.

We are all here for you and just talk it out lovely.

You're a beautiful woman & you can't live with the what ifs.

What we have is here and now, you will get through this.

Much love sweetheart , you'll be ok xxxx