Old 12-06-2016, 01:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
firebolt

Look at what a whirlwind of negative yuck it stirred up in your life just by checking up on him.

I told myself the best cure for this nonsense was to face reality and see what he´s been doing lately in real life. I even thought finding out he was with someone else was preferable to this idealization. So I looked him up on facebook thinking I would be angry for a while and forget about him.
We have a nagging addict voice in the back of our heads too - just like they do. It tells us lies, it tries to say that something is good when it's not, it romanticizes turmoil and it tells us someone else can make us feel better. ALL LIES. And you got suckered by it. We all do from time to time in one way or another!

You haven't lost 8 months of progress, you are NOT who you were a year ago. You have not put the blinders back on. You had a weak moment... You had a slip. That's all. No big deal. Tomorrow is a new day. You get back on that wagon and back to your healthier, happier life.....knowing that no good comes from humoring that nasty little voice.