Thread: New to AVRT
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Algorithm

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
Nevertheless, I feel perfectly comfortable that I do NOT have much Addictive Voice activity, and if I were to put a value on that fact, I would say “I like it. It’s a good feature of my present life, even given my whole life perspective with a serious fifteen year addiction in my early adulthood.”
I agree in principle, GT, but one of the most vexing forms of the Addictive Voice is the idea that it is somehow good if we do not have the desire to drink, or the AV activity that accompanies that desire. The Beast cunningly boasts of its own silence, in order to conceal its immutable nature, and in order to conceal its imperative, buzz-seeking agenda.

You are obviously securely abstinent, but I believe we do those who are not a great disservice by not exposing this idea as the Addictive Voice itself. It implies fear of one's own bodily desires, and suggests that the Beast could come in from the parking lot after doing push-ups and get them if they don't stay vigilant or engage in defensive rituals.

Ordinarily, I might ask why it's good to have no desire to drink, or very little AV activity.