View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 08:10 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Thirteenth

List three accomplishments from today, no matter how small:
1. Assisted one of our people with a billing issue and resolved it.
2. Set up new equipment for an individual in my department despite some troubles.
3. Saying please and thank you are a big part of my life, and I'm happy to say that despite my issues, that's one thing I can always count on. I'd guess I said thank you 10-20 times today, please maybe 5-10.

I am sorry to say that I did not remain sober. I lost a filling yesterday after my long dental situation was finally resolved. Back to that, clearly. I'm also rather concerned about a family member I've been trying to reach for over a week. I intended to go and do a wellness check yesterday but didn't feel up to it if there's an issue. That must be done this week. Tomorrow. I don't think there's any reason that something might be wrong, but it's unusual for my calls to go unreturned for so long. Of course, I'd expect that someone would know something and I'd be informed, but...

For that reason, I have not gone back into writing my story. I'm a little overwhelmed by the what ifs.

I started writing yesterday as a distraction but I'm also apprehensive. I thank you all for your feedback and encouragement. It's a work in progress much like myself. I still feel so close and yet so far away.