Old 12-05-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
formyboys

Its going to be a long road...Ive done alanon, therapy and everything in between. I can handle the tough love and holding my son accountable for the mistakes hes made. I pray for him and will support him through this no matter what the outcome.
The thing I have never figured out how to handle it the complete change in his father. He went to AA and did an out patient program to get sober. Its been 7 yrs in Feb. Once he met the other woman he left us for he quit going to AA but has stayed sober. He is mean and hateful....something he never was even as a drunk. Nothing seems to effect him....he doesn't respond to anything our son has done and just goes about his life as if it doesn't penetrate his bubble.
As our son started to spiral I thought he would eventually step up but it seemed to me that the worse it got the more he withdrew.
Ive never heard of an alcoholic getting sober and becoming more miserable then they were drinking. Hes always had a level of not being able to deal with the real serious stuff but I assumed that was just immaturity.
I don't know, at this point its not my problem but its a mystery to me.
Thank you for all the support and kind words. Im so happy to here from all the old members and thank you to the new.
Glad everyone is well.