Old 12-05-2016, 04:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Calicofish
Catch and Release

I had them up to the end of August this year. I quit drinking in Feb 2015. I tried beta blockers and at first I thought they were doing some good, but then I found I was getting depressed and having regular heart palps and my anxiety was just awful. I ended up stopping the beta blockers in August and for the last 3 months I've been really stable. I know I am anxious person but it has finally got better. I stopped exercising because it was making anxious due to heart palps (but I didn't realize it was the beta blockers). I've not got back to exercising yet and hope to start again in the new year. When I do feel anxiety coming on, I will play my guitar and sing - it really helps. Maybe try memorizing something - or try singing (even if you're not good) - it helps to control your breathing and memorizing gets your mind off your own body.

It's probably just going to take more time. I know that might not be what you're wanting to hear. I didn't think I was making any progress either, and then suddenly I realized I had not been anxious for a long time.

Hang in there.
CF