View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
BrendaChenowyth

Originally Posted by CAPTAINZING2000 View Post
Ever think of doing another line of work?

Not the solution in this moment, and really not the issue at hand, because these were isolated incidents. However, I am unhappy in this field; but it is what I do to make ends meet.

I'm going back to school to be an LPN, that starts in January, and that is what will support me as I go on. I would like to go back to school to get a bachelor's in social work and from there ideally work in cognitive-behavioral therapy. I would also like to use my writing ability in some way that can help others. I don't want to stay in home care or in nursing forever.

It is a thankless job, that is an enormous strain physically and emotionally, and can even be dangerous in a lot of ways. It is not a feasible long term career path, if you ask me. But right now, it is what I do for a living.

A job change could be possible, I could look at the medical center, something in maybe patient transport or dietary would be a nice change.. but right now with the home health agency, I actually have two clients that I adore, who like me a lot as well, and the hours will work out very nicely with my school schedule coming up. So changing jobs is impractical right now and not the issue in my life.