Thread: Hello 😊
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 08:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rabbitgirl

Hello 😊

I was never sure that I was an alcoholic, because I did not need to drink, could be around alcohol and not and also not drink at all for long periods of time. What I did do however was binge drink for one night every second weekend and make myself seriously ill the next day. This started when I was 23, I am now going on 38, that's a long time. Probably by about 28 I started having blackouts on those party nights out, this didn't stop me and the hangovers got worse, I would throw up for 8-10 hours after a night of drinking. I'd say in the past 5 years it has become really bad. Blackouts almost every time I drink, injuries almost every time eg. Bruises, Twisted ankle, herniated disc leading go back surgery, most recently cut lip requiring stitches which happened last weekend. I can have 1 drink or even 2, but as soon as I start feeling that alcoholic buzz there is no turning back. There is more but it is too draining to write it all right now. I think I always knew I had a problem, but am only now starting to accept it.