Thread: On My Way #4
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 09:59 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Good stuff Phoenix.

SL, I am so happy for you! I know you've waited a long time for this day and I'm looking forward to reading about your progress.

Exercise today is going to be gripper work, walks, planks, and pushups.

I'm a bachelor this weekend; for the past 6 or 7 years my wife has gone away with a bunch of women to the vacation home of one of them which is in a little town that has a large arts and crafts celebration of winter the first weekend in December. I won't be alone tonight because I'm going on a date with a young, beautiful, extremely smart, and aggressive woman I know who once she found out my wife was going to be away approached me with a suggestion for dinner and a movie. Furthermore, although it hasn't been verbally articulated, there's an understanding that she's coming home with me afterward.

Get your minds out of the gutter; I'm talking about my daughter.

So no cooking for me tonight, but I will be hosting a small brunch tomorrow after I get back from the gym. My cousin and his husband, who live on the west coast, are here and my sister will be joining us. Between various food allergies and likes about the only thing all three of them can have in common is water so the brunch menu is going to be pretty straight forward, but tasty nonetheless.

Scrambled eggs
My apple wood smoked maple bacon
Bagels
My lox
Hash browns

Coffee, various juices and teas and there may also be a mimosa involved.