View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 06:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Noolan

LSW- Glad you are back. Keep up the good work!

Obs- I'm happy you passed on the champagne and are enjoy some sun/garden!

Mariah- I've been running around busy as well. Glad you are finding some time to chill!

Tops- Your posts never fail to inspire me to keep my head down and work hard!

Freein- Hope the visitors go well! I was fine around all my family last week at thanksgiving with no major issues, so you can do this!

I've been MIA for a bit. My apologies there! Everything is still good on my end. I did have a bit of a realization about AA and where I am with it. I've sort of always had one foot in and one foot out with AA. Leave what I need and take what I don't is the philosophy I've taken. It's worked well to this point; however, on Monday I caught myself speaking at a meeting and realizing afterwards, I didn't even believe what I was saying. It kind of shook me to my core.

Since then, after some reflection and talking to others, I decided that I needed to look for some alternative inspiration. I'm in a good place with my recovery, but I don't want to be disingenuous and just pretend to be Mr. AA. So I decided to attend my first SMART Recovery meeting last night. It went well and I'm looking forward to continue attending.

Besides that, life is good. School continues to be a challenge, but mainly against my procrastination. It is however a confirmation of the direction I want to go. I am thankful recovery has led me to discover wanting to help people through counseling. Anyways guys, I got a bit of homework and then hopefully a good night sleep. In for the bargain!