View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 12:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
honeypig

November 30

This is posted from the "Today's Hope" site of Alanon.

DAILY SLOGAN/SAYING
If you have some respect for people as they are, you can be more effective in helping them to become better than they are.
- John W. Gardner

DAILY REFLECTION
So live that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
- Will Rogers

It is a challenge to live in the present, but Step Ten gives us a way to do just that. It is a maintenance step, a way to stay true to ourselves. As we continue to take inventory of our attitudes and behavior, we find ourselves growing in self-acceptance and self-love. In the past, the last thing we wanted to do was be honest. Now, possessing serenity and faith, we can see that our shortcomings are only that: shortcomings. They are part of who we are, and every part of ourselves is important.

Taking a personal inventory is not a way to sit in judgment of ourselves. Rather, it enables us to examine our behavior with honesty and gentleness. It is an affirmation that growth is a process; we do it throughout our lives. Taking time for a personal inventory is a way to say that our needs are important, our good points are important, and our character defects are important. We are whole people, lovable just as we are.

I will take time for an inventory today. I will admit my wrongs, give myself credit for my accomplishments, and give the day to God with gratitude.

Daily share from the forum can be found here: Today's Sharing - Today's Hope