View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
BullDog777

Originally Posted by Gottalife View Post
Those sort of motives might have driven me to buy a bigger house at one time, and I think if I felt off about the deal, I might want to look at why I was considering such a move, what was it that was making me uncomfortable about it? Do I really need it, will I or someone else be better off as a result, does it make financial sense? Or is it just about doing something, anything, to try and feel better?
it's not much about me really. it's what my wife and daughter want. admittedly, i do want more space. i need a bigger studio, my wife wants her own office and project room and we need a finished basement and a bigger garage. we both want more land.

as far as financial sense, i was one of the few that believed never to buy beyond my means. when a lot of these people bought their mcmansions, only to lose their a$$ when the housing bubble popped, i knew i made the right choice by buying a place that was less than 1/4 of my monthly income. 12 years later, i've doubled my income and it just makes sense to do now.