View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
christyham

Thank you so much for replying. I know you are right I need to stop with alcohol. I don't even like the taste of it and just do it to be sociable and be more confident in myself. For years I have said I just need to take a couple but there are occasions like last night where I don't have control of it. This may happen once a year or twice a year but it keeps happening. I don't feel like I need to go to AA what do you think ?

Originally Posted by HTown View Post
Based on what you have said, no I would not apologize to your workmates. I bet you did not do anything too bad. Everyone else was drinking, so I bet no one remembers anything too clearly.

Your behaviour was typical of me for years. What I wish then was that I was as smart as you now. I wish I had found a site like this, and that someone would talk to me like I am talking to you now.

Stop drinking now. Just do not drink anything alcoholic ever again. I know that sounds extreme. Maybe it sounds boring, or scary.

If I could talk to my younger self, and say one thing, just one, it would be stop now.

It only gets worse from here. Never better.