View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 08:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
christyham

Don't know what to do

Hey I have been on this site before some time back about my drinking. I do not crave a drink and sometimes I can not have drink for months but a number of times over the years when out with people drinking I drink until I can't remember and then wake up with anxiety of what I have done. I was at a work function last night and felt I was in control and having a good night the next thing I know I am waking up on the hotel room and don't remember getting there and don't remember anything about the end of the night. I am so embarrassed and was ashamed of myself this morning. I am not sure what I done and how I behaved. Do I need to apologise to my manager and my colleagues or do I just leave it and say nothing. No one mentioned anything to me this morning.
And how do I deal with this going forward do I need to cut drink out of my life altogether? or do I not drink at social occasions. I don't know what to do. I feel so so down that I have done this to myself again. I have a great job and family and life is good so o don't know why I bring this on myself.