View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 08:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
thomas11

Originally Posted by NewBeginnings13 View Post
I found a site that tells you exactly how to do this starting with the Baseline (what you have been drinking and how much, which was a shock to me when I figured out just how much I've been drinking) and gives you step by step instructions. I've done it for two days and feel much, much better. I'm an obsessive planner so I wrote it all down in my planner and even bought stickers to remind me. It's another addiction I have. I don't leave home without my planner.

I usually have quite a bit on Thanksgiving but this year did not. I had one glass of wine and turned down a second and turned down some shots. Hubby was right there with me and supported my decision as tough as it was. That was yesterday, this is today. One day at a time, right?

Going to my second AA meeting tonight.

I successfully tapered a couple times. If there is anything I can convey to you is that you will still feel uncomfortable at times (and you;ll want to drink more), but if you drink as little as possible, you can get your way through it. I also put a huge emphasis on eating properly. I wish you well. Keep us updated.