Old 11-25-2016, 09:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
thomas11

Originally Posted by SlickRick07 View Post
Title of thread. I know I need to quit, and I don't drink during the week b/c of work. I always wake up at 4:40am go to gym, then shower and go to work.

Once Friday evening hits, I can't stay away. I just moved to a new city to for a job. I know absolutely no one here. I did join the chess club, but that only meets during the week when I'm already sober. I've tried AA in the past, but they were super cold to me and didn't take to newcomers kindly. I basically was resorted to sitting in the corner the whole night.

I literally drink out of boredom at this point. I know I need to stay away, but I literally don't know what else to do. I have no friends here, I'm not close to my family. Depression has set in b/c of how alone I feel. I'm happy for the new job, but all my coworkers are in their 40s. Its no one I can spend time with. I feel socially deprived. I drink every weekend day and call up random friends b/c I feel so alone here. I should be happy. I have a roof over my head, an amazing job, and I'm starting my MBA next year. But, I'm not. There is a void in my life. And I continue to fill it with alcohol. That is something I will admit.
What else do you like to do other than drink? Does the chess club meet on weekends?