View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 01:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
tomsteve

it didn't take 10 minutes to ruin your life.
it took 10 miniutes for it to get from your head to your heart that alcohol has been ruining your life.
yeah, the day is called thanksgiving here in the U.S. in many countries is just November 24th.
it reads like you want to drink to try and make the negative thoughts to disappear. whether im right or not, drinking is just a temporary solution.

getting sober and cleaning up the wreckage required me to do some trudging early on. i had to accept it took time to get to where i was and it was going to take time to sweep up the wreckage.
even today i can get negative feelings. accepting that it is what it is does remarkable things.
[B][/howeverB]
if there are actions i can do those days to help, its best for me to do those actions.

broken,imo, most alcoholics are inpatient. we want what we want and we want it yesterday!
patience- its not about what im doing while process is happening. its about what im thinking. even learning how to change my thinking and lookin at life on lifes terms positively took ( AAAARRRRGGG!!!) patience.

keep on trudging!! 6 months or a year down the road you just may look back at this and think something like i can when i look back: dang!! that really wasn't that bad to get through!

p.s.
alcohol is a depressant. it takes time for the full effects of alcohol to be completely gone.