Old 11-22-2016, 09:52 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
biminiblue

I'm going to take a different tack here.

Quick fixes don't fix things long-term. You have overcome many addictive behaviors already, food is just another one to be dealt with. I had to do the same thing.

Why can't you lose the weight without the surgery? I've read too many stories of this procedure not being the "fix" people think it is going to be. Just like alcoholism, being over-weight is about what you are putting in your own mouth. Eating more than is needed is a behavior used as a coping tool or a mindless action. Both can be overcome in the same way as alcohol or any other addictive behavior.

Join MyFitnessPal. Log all your food. Eat at a small calorie deficit. Lose the weight. They have a really active and knowledgeable forum on MyFitnessPal. You can do this.

Being honest with the doctor and having him/her deny this risky surgery is exactly what was supposed to happen. You can do this without surgery - lots of people do. Your own ability to heal your addictions has already been proven! Food is the next one to learn. The sleeve would not teach you how to eat for the rest of your life.

If hunger isn't the problem, food isn't the solution.

You can lose the weight without surgery. How great would that be?