View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 11:57 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
shockozulu
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by terall View Post
From what I understand it, why J trimpey and Smart fell out, was that Trimpey said no thing had to be done than basically ignore the Beast. Smart, was dispute the av. Smart is put right your irrational thinking. RR is, do not engage at all.
I thought they were basically the same when I first started RR, but they are not, I now understand the basic difference between the two, and why Trimpey says "stay away from recovery groups" There is nothing wrong with you, the Beast doesn't understand the difference between rational and irrational thinking, it doesn't think.
Trimpey and SMART had a falling out. So they have the same base but simply went different directions. People are often confused about SMART Meetings. They aren't social or like other forms of meetings we are familiar with. SMART Meetings are there to guide you to use the tools in the handbook so that you can walk away with the ability to becoming a more balanced person.The irrational thinking in SMART isn't drinking or using but real life situations that get on our nerves or are unhealthy.

Like I've said before I do get things from both RR and SMART.