View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 10:30 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
zjw

I sorta get the IRL support thing. I felt pretty alone. I still have kids and wife however. but i have no local IRL friends. prior to this site I had only 1 other IRL friend. so coming here helped i know a few friends i talk to regularly from all over but again no one local. its usually not a big issue but just today i thought I wanna go a movie (a rare thing for me) and was like but i got no one to go with my wife wont wanna see this movie so wtf do i do figured pff i'll just go alone who cares i guess. Once in a blue moon a situation like that arises.

I guess a big part of my problem with not meeting people in IRL is i'm bad about being social. I dont like to waste my time iwth a bunch of aquaintences etc.. and I'm not tolerant of very much out of other people so its pretty common for me to be done with someone and unable to let a friendship progress either because they are that bad or i'm just that intolerant i dunno. Either way it is what it is.

I wish I had a solution for the IRL problem it does sound ideal to have IRL support from people who genuinely "get it" and are "there".

I chalk it up to in a perfect world .... kinda thing anymore myself.