View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 07:33 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  
InParticular

Snow! There is snow here too, I saw it yesterday for the first time, the snowline creeping down the mountains. That snow won't reach us here for another month and even then probably for a few days or a week or so when everyone will forget how to drive and function and the city is in chaos in three inches of snow haha.
Life is good, I'm happy in my work although it is long hours and crazy with no breaks and tons of stress but, I think I kind of like that I have to say. It suits me better than less work, and the pay is good.
We had an incident yesterday, a full union member worked with us for one day, and he wasn't very good (he was useless) so we didn't ask him to come back, and when he found out we have two permittees on our regular crew ("our" guys, who we got special permission for from the chief steward and who are amazing workers) he was upset and texted me some thinly-veiled threats, and then he came into our office and confronted us, the situation was intense. He was obviously not mentally all there, and was huge.
Since the film industry has been so busy here lately, the union has been letting in lots of new people who have quickly gotten their days and been admitted to the union, and lots of permittees working, and it's making the old time members who have been cruising along for years collecting big paycheques for mediocre work nervous. Another daycall was asking our lead if he is a full member yesterday. I've had people on the phone asking me about that as well, if we have all members on my crew or not. It's interesting, now that it's slowing down again, the "cream" will rise to the top I think, there are so many new members who just are more able and willing to work hard.
It was a really crazy week. I'm so incredibly glad it's the weekend. I'm going to just hang around my apartment today, go out to buy shelves and a bed frame so I can get my stuff off the floor so the silverfish will eff off. There were two silverfish IN MY BED the other night. In my bed. I've been keeping it really tidy in here, and that seems to be helping, there was only one or two last night and none in my bed again thank god, that was terrible.
I'm still seeing that guy I told y'all about awhile ago, who is an ex-addict. It's nice, we don't see each other much because we work so much, it's funny cause we work on the same show but never see each other but talk on the phone about work all the time, it's like we have two different relationships.
But when we do see each other he's very sweet and no-nonsense. He doesn't BS me and he makes me breakfast, what more can I ask?
I am working hard to take it slow and give it space....we still have not told people at work. It's amazing that no one has caught on yet.

I am listening to Glenn Gould and sipping coffee, it's bliss. This is what I longed for when I was living at the last house: peace and quiet.

Dharma that's great about AA and how it's helping you. I have never gone but still think about it, five years in. I think that I would like to be a part of a community of sober people, because as you know being sober in a drinking world can be alienating.

Enjoy your mini-holiday Amp. Happy birthday to Mrs. Amp.

Itch that's a great poem, I love the rhyming, what is it? I always think I would like to try writing in that style, as I write poetry too but more free flowing. My poems rhyme only occasionally and without pattern or structure except from my brain. That format would be an interesting challenge I think!
I really like the message too.

Have a lovely weekend Overs, whatever weather you are enduring/enjoying!