Thread: Day 31
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 11:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Upstairs

Originally Posted by NewLeaf View Post
I don't want to die from this addiction. I don't want to keep forgetting what happened the night before. I don't want to give my wife reason to be concerned. My marriage is the most important thing to me and she needs to know that. I don't want to be the one still drinking after everybody else easily decides one day that they're too old for that sh*t anymore and puts it down like it's nothing - because they're not an alcoholic like me. They can have one fun night every few months and not miss it in between where I was doing it every night. I have to keep admitting to myself that I am different in that way.
I'm still new enough to SR where I'm surprised how much alike so many of us are with our problems! It's irksome, but yep, eventually us alcoholics either quit or just die from it. May as well quit while we're able to as it only gets harder to do so.

It seems like to me at 30 days I was over all the withdrawal stuff. It had just become such an ingrained habit that it was strange not to be drinking as a part of my life. But in just a few months, I was over that as well. I hope that helps at all!