View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jack16

AVRT - some guidance please...

Hi, I'm practising AVRT, and it's not the first time I have used it.

I have read the book twice, and done my best to absorb the concepts. I feel I am getting closer and closer to nailing it, but my grasp of it still feels a bit tenuous at times.

Been going well for a week or so, then tonight I came very close to getting swamped by the AV. It was one of those times when I went from being fine one minute to just being totally in the grip of the AV. I wasn't thinking as me - IT was totally in the driver's seat, so to speak.

'I' basically decided to just go and get a drink. Fortunately, on the way there I somehow managed to regain control, and I am so damn glad I did.

But, I need to be ready for the next time. I've been finding it easy and very effective to recognize and dissociate from all the little stirrings of the Beast as they come up, but this was different. Suddenly it was just there and totally in control. There was no division between me and IT.

I know the book talks about this, but I could still do with some further advice from any AVRT veterans. I almost blew it and I do not want this to happen again. There is way too much at stake.

Thanks