View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
OpioPhobe

Kaily - the doctor has advised you to taper, and it seems reckless to not follow medical advice in this situation.

I never tried tapering alcohol, but I have tried tapering off of other drugs many times on my own. It wasn't something I could do on my own despite how hard I tried. I would echo what others have already said. If you can get some people to sit with you during the process it might help.

There are some concrete actions you can take to get some people to help you with the at home detox. I would suggest calling someone from your SMART meeting and explaining the situation to them. If they can't help call the next person on the list. If no one at the SMART meetings can help then you can go to AA. At AA you can share your story to the group and I have to believe that someone will be willing to help you. If not, go to another meeting and do the same thing. If that doesn't work the go to a third meeting and try the same thing, etc. Eventually, you will find people that will be willing to help you with an at home detox.