View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 06:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BrokenW

Journey to Recovery

Well.. last night was one of my good friends' birthday. My best friend and I were at my house watching movies when he called and asked us to go out. It's been 2 1/2 weeks since my car accident and DUI. I knew that if I hung out with him that I would end up drinking. I hadnt necessarily chosen to go the sober route but I do feel a sense of hesitation when I think about drinking. We arrived to his house and I went straight to the freezer to pour a tall cup of brown liquor. It normally takes a lot to get me drunk, but I've slowed down a lot since the incident. We went to a school event that was horribly lame. Drinking didn't make the event better like it normally does. We came back to his house and I began to drink more since I wasn't going to drive anyway. My best friend didn't drink at all. The night was so boring. My best friend took me home and I woke up with the worst headache. That usually doesn't happen. I don't think drinking gives me that same sense of fulfillment anymore. I've had so much on my mind since the incident that I can't really enjoy social events. I always end up throwing awkward jokes about my situation into the conversation. I literally can't help it lol. But yea, I'm pretty sure that a sober life is in my future. Things just don't feel the same anymore.