View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 06:52 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  
entropy1964

Yeah it did go by fast Jeff. Creepy really.

So I picked up my 90 day chip at AA today. For those who don't know its customary to pass the chip around and everyone gives it some mojo or something (germs maybe? JK). Well about 10 minutes before the meeting is ending I'm thinking "where's my chip?". I didn't really know what to do so I just mutter to the guy next to me 'I wonder where my chip is?'. So he pipes up and says 'who's got the 90 day chip?'. Everyone is kind of ackwardly laughing and looking around. No chip. So I get another one, which seemed kinda weird. Meeting closes. This girl, who I've seen often, comes over to me and sort of says in a mousie voice "the chip fell in my lap and I didn't know what to do with it". Walks away. Still no chip. So I follow her thinking she wants me to, ya now to get the fricken chip, and she just sort of ignores me. I say to her 'uh did you want to give it to me?'. She kind of freaks out, grabs her purse, fishes it out and gives it to me. I'm like, what was that? I handed the chip back to the chip lady, having gotten a replacement anyway. Geez I wish she had just said she wanted my damn chip.....it was so confusing....not to mention weird. She's been in the program for years. She knows the deal with the chips. She just really musta wanted my chip. Haha. It was hilarious.....and creepy. Gotta love AA.