View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 04:58 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  
gleefan

Sorry for the passing of many folks' favorite music legends.

Itchy - It's so nice to hear that you sailed through the first surgery. I love the view from your room. Nice location to recover!

Least - Congrats on nearly 7 years sober.

Rick - Congrats on the sober time. I'm sorry your amazing trip was filled with white knuckling. It sounds to me like maybe you are looking for a little more recovery in your life? SR, AA, and sober friends are an integral part of my life, comfortably coexisting with my long time friends and family.

Drake - I am sorry you're having such a hard go of it. Your post sounds like you have a lot more going on than relapses. My heart aches for you in the way that only someone who's been there - done that - felt that fear, can. Lean on us for whatever we can do and reach out for the help you need. Hugs.

IP - It makes me uneasy to pretend to be something I no longer am. You'd never find me in a bar where people are going simply to drink. If there is live music, or a game, I'll go and enjoy the cameraderie and main event. Regardless of where I am, if my focus changes from having a nice time to feeling bad about myself, time for me to go!

WWS - I'm glad the extra cancer was found and is easily removable. How are you doing?

Carlos - Sounds like a wonderful day sharing your favorite stuff with your daughter!

Amp - Keep moving forward and doing the next right thing, my friend. Now that you've tasted the sober life, you can see that drinking has no place in your next right thing!

Doing the next right thing seems to be working. I get new hires in training classes every few months and each group has at least one combatively behaved individual. I am super triggered to react to this behavior. These people come at me, then play victim - it's pretty much exactly what I "used to" do (or at least try not to do anymore). I am pulled in less each time, and recognize what's happening sooner. Maybe we are kindred spirits pulled together for healing. Or maybe they are mirroring what they see in me? (How's that for a ?)

It's ok! I forgive myself! There is still plenty of room for me to grow.

Toots, Saskia, Gilmer, Mags, RZ, FBL, Stsrgazer, Dee and all the Overs - thanks for all your support. Have a wonderful day!